Baking. It’s been around for ages, but, until Kim K started doing it, you were more likely to see it at a cabaret than on the street. Drag queens (of course it was drag queens who started it. They start everything!) first started doing it to set, or “cook” both concealer and highlighter all at once.
But why do you want to do it? Well apart from getting an almost unbelievable flawless finish, this is a great technique for contouring the face. It’s also a foolproof way to hide eye bags. It’s super matte, super full coverage, and super long lasting. Perfect for pulling through a normally sweaty night of dancing looking like a superstar.
So how do you do it? Get your translucent powder, sponges, powder brush and a whole lotta light concealer ready ladies. I’ll show you how!
Full disclosure, give yourself an extra 20 minutes over your normal makeup routine.
- Done you’re regular makeup sans concealer and setting powder? Apply a triangle of concealer under your eye from the edges of your inner and outer eye to above the cheekbone.
- Now do it again. That’s right. Pack it on like its icing on a cake. The more, the tastier.
- It’s going to seem like way too much but bear with me. Blend it out with your sponge until it’s seamless.
- Add concealer where you want to highlight your face. Usually that’s the middle of your forehead, down the bridge of the nose and your chin. Blend that too.
- Let’s bake! Get a clean sponge and spray it with setting spray before dunking it into your translucent powder. Apply that powder to the areas on your face with concealer. Just pack it on. When you think you’ve applied enough… Pack some more on.
- You’re going to look like a bit of an idiot, but find something to do for the next 10 to 15 minutes. Watch TV, check out Facebook, buy something from us! Just don’t touch your face, while the makeup is doing it’s magic.
- Once time’s up, get your big powder and swirl all that excess powder off your face, while blend-blend-blending some more.
We recommend the Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder as your baking powder. It’s all natural, mattifying, brightens your skin (which is EXACTLY what you want), and, with all that makeup on, it helps that it also stops whiteheads & blackheads from forming!
And that’s it! Ready for a big night out. Go get’em girl!
Let us know how you went with your baked face! Leave a comment below, and be sure to share this with your friends! You don’t want to be the only one who looks flawless at the end of the night (or… do you…)?